- Prove the Pythagorean Theorem (sketch from notes given
- Apply P. T. to find missing sides, areas
- Apply P. T. in context (word problem) to find missing sides or areas.
- Right, acute, or obtuse triangle, how do you know?
- 30-60-90, 45-45-90 apply shortcut, no simplifying radicals
We learned about using the Pythagorean Theorem in three dimensions to find the longest diagonal in a rectangular prism.
We also practiced simplifying a simple radical in a denominator in order to find legs if hypotenuse is a whole number, etc. Attached notes.
We did 12 more problems in class using the shortcuts. On a few of them, we had to simplify radicals. (worksheet attached)
HW #9 - p 482-5: 2-3, 7, 13-14; p 478: 7, 9-11, 16
When you are applying the shortcuts, continue to use your notes from Block 8 as a template to guide your work.